Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Henry and Mudge

It was kind of fun having all the pieces
and gluing all together, just like a puzzle.
 
I guess you  have noticed that it has been quite a time that I don't stop by to post anything. Well, it has been difficult for me to adapt to a new grade level. It hasn't been an easy task to have a last minute change,  when you have three levels: kindergarten, second grade and fifth grade. Oh,  well!  I keep going!

My second graders loved the story Henry and Mudge and we worked on the sequence of events using a very creative idea  I saw on Pinterest ( I believed) but I can't remember exactly. 

First, I made a template, traced the dog face on different beige tone construction papers, traced the floppy ears, and the snout. Then they drew and colored the eyes, and added the collar. The students cut and paste following oral instructions to create their own Mudge. 

We cut out bones to write the story events and then placed them in order. We glued them to a strip of poster board for the bulletin board. It was a huge success!  Hope you like them!

This is how it looks on the bulletin board of the hallway. 



Everybody loved the dogs! 





A drawing made by one of my students


We cut out bones to write thestory events
 It was a huge success!  Hope you like them!



smile! 

2 comments:

  1. Can you share your templates for Henry and Mudge? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete