Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY Weekend Mode



It has been a nice weekend, implementing a few ideas I saw during my blog hopping. First, I wanted to make the phonic phones. I bought the 3/4" PVC pipes, and the 90 degrees angles (2 for each phone). My husband cut the pipes  5" each and I put the angles on each side. To decorate them, I bought blue duct tape and placed it around the pipe tube. I made a set of six for my classroom, to begin with. Thanks to Make, Take and Teach 

2 -  90 degree angles & a  5" pipe 

a cute homemade  bag  to storage them 



Some of the reasons I want these are:  
  1. The phone helps the student "hear" his own voice.
  2. The kid's voice  go directly into his ear,  this will help him  acquire phonemic awareness
  3. The phone improves the student’s focus and attention because he is  intentionally listening to his own voice.  
  4. The phones help maintain classroom ‘quiet’ by reducing the overall noise level. Students must speak softly, or else they blast their own ears

My second DIY project for the weekend was the dry erase board.  I have seen them in various blogs and in Pinterest, but I want to mention  The Teaching Thief , here you will find a video explaining how to do them. So, why not try it myself? That's the idea behind all those posts, right? I gathered all the materials that I needed:  report covers,  blue duct tape, scissors, ruler, pen, cardstock.   I measured, cut, pasted, and Voila!  I placed a cardstock inside to give them a little bit of sturdiness. I made four different styles.









The third DIY project that I made today was my 
rulers' holder. Since, I like to reuse, the holder is a plastic can of crystal light but It needed some make over. I made a new sign with die cut letters, taped it around, add duct tape on the top & on the bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment